So I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award…twice.
Longer back then I want to admit, The Wellbeing Adventure kindly nominated me for this award and one thing led to another and I didn’t get around to posting about it. Then, about 2 weeks ago Ashley over at Under the Ash Tree nominated me as well. I guess it was a good reminder that I really should properly accept these nominations and post about it!
The Rules are as follows:
- Thank the blog(s) that nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogs.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 blogs.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer themselves.
The Liebster Award is one where bloggers nominate other bloggers and share the love. So let’s get started!
- If an actor / actress had to play you in a movie of your life, who would you choose? Molly Ringwald. I often hear that I look like her but it’s not just that- I mean, who doesn’t find themselves relating to “The Breakfast Club” or “Sixteen Candles”.
- What is your biggest fear / phobia? I’m not sure if I have a real phobia so much as certain uh…OCD issues. I like things a very certain way. I often like things parallel or perpendicular. I also have issues with certain sounds and repetitive noises.
- If you could change 1 thing in your life (that has happened or that is currently happening) what would it be? I’ve wondered about this a lot because there are certainly a lot of things I regret doing or having done but when I really think about it, I wonder if I didn’t make those mistakes, would I still be the same person I am today? Would I still have learned to be a better person? Because of that, I think (unfortunately) I’d have to no, I wouldn’t change anything.
- What would you do with a lottery win? Go traveling the world to eat everything.
- What is your favorite song? Depends on the day or week. Queen is my favorite band though.
- What would you eat for your last meal? My family’s homemade mac and cheese. It’s a lifesaver.
- Is there a quote / motto you live your life by? I probably should, but I don’t.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Finishing up my graduate program to be a registered dietician.
- What is your favorite all time movie? I really love Star Wars (the originals- IV, V, VI).
- What is your favorite make up product? Mascara. Good mascara is everything.
- What are you looking forward to the most in the next 12 months? Right now, with all the snow and winter we’ve been having, I’m looking forward to a warm summer!
- What was your favorite meal growing up? My mom’s mac and cheese (which is actually my grandmother’s recipe).
- Lena Dunham? Pro or Con? I don’t follow her very much but from what I’ve heard, I’d probably lean towards “con”.
- Best book you read in High School? To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Where do you most want to travel too (where you haven’t already been)? Thailand.
- It’s a Snow Day! What movie do you decide to rent? Something warm and fuzzy- emotional but nostalgic. Disney movies are always a winner.
- What’s your proudest accomplishment? Competing in a figure competition last year.
- Who is your favorite Actress/Actor? Javier Bardem: Because Oh. My. Damn.
- What’s your favorite blog post you’ve written? You know, I don’t think I have a favorite. I like different ones for different reasons. Some because of the written content within it, some because the photos look so good and some because the recipe is just ballin’.
- Someone is coming to visit you. Where is the first place you take them? LOCAL RESTAURANTS. IMMEDIATELY. ARE YOU HUNGRY NOW? NO? WELL YOU WILL BE SOON- LET’S GO EAT!
- What was the last song you listened too? I’m listening to Spotify right now. Every few minutes there’s a new song so I can’t keep track.
- Why did you pick your blog title? I wanted a play on words on how it only takes a little bit of seasoning and herbs combined with time and patience to make something amazing and delicious. Not because I don’t know the difference between “time” and “thyme”.
11 Facts About Myself:
- This should come as no surprise, but my favorite color is pink.
- Stargazer Lilies are my favorite flower. I love how they smell so much.
- I’m left-handed.
- I lived in Gifu, Japan for a year when I was in high school.
- I’ve trained under a Chinese Tea Master for several years. I also trained at a Japanese Tea Shop for one year.
- I used to be a dancer in high school. Nothing professional but I did spend hours everyday at the dance studio most days of the week taking classes.
- I didn’t use to be food obsessed. Yeah, I don’t know what was going on with me until I went to college.
- My nails have always been long. I’m not girly in most senses, but I’ve always had my nails naturally long since I was about 8. My mom told me that if I took care of them (aka, didn’t let them get jagged and sharp) I could grow them. They’ve been long ever since.
- I’m an only child.
- I don’t like radishes or celery. Celery I can sometimes deal with when it’s used in soup but radishes…nope, never.
- My favorite book series of all-time is The Song of the Lioness Quartet.
Blogs I am nominating:
- Maresa from The Lovely.
- Samantha from The Lovely Stars.
- Alice from Mitzy at Home.
- Meghan from Oatgasm.
Questions for nominated blogs:
- Why did you start your blog?
- When is your favorite time to work on posts?
- If you suddenly inherited a bunch of money and didn’t have to work ever again, what would you do?
- What is your ideal weekend?
- Do you have a favorite tv show?
- ookies, cupcakes or chocolate- if you had to choose a favorite, what would it be?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- Favorite movie?
- Least favorite food?
- Where have you traveled?
- Favorite local restaurant?