So here we go with a new week of wishes and goals!
This week is also marks my last official week living in MD. On Sunday I’ll pack up the car and drive up with my first load of stuff. I’m a little apprehensive but looking forward to it. I’m planning on embracing the change and new experiences. I want to do things differently this time around and really enjoy and take advantage of the opportunities the city has to offer.
When I look back on my year here, sometimes I think about how I didn’t accomplish anything much. It’s easy for me to see the “misses” and forget about the accomplishments.
I had so many goals and ideals and things I wanted to do while I was out here. While I didn’t get all of them done, I’ve realized that I sure did a lot though! With that being said, I’d like to take a moment to reflect back on all the things I was able to accomplish:
- Got my CPR/AED Certification.
- Competed in my first Figure Competition- got that initial hurdle out of the way and learned A TON. I can’t wait for the spring when I compete again and do better next time!
- Got my Spinning Certification through Mad Dogg Athletics.
- My mom and I took a pottery class together.
- Finished the following classes I need for grad school: Chem 2 + Lab, Bio 2 + Lab, Economics, Anatomy+Physiology + Lab, Microbiology +Lab and I’ll be finishing up Nutrition, Sociology and Communications this semester. That’s a decent number of classes! Only a few more to go before I’m set to apply for grad schools!
- Learned to ride a motorcycle and got my motorcycle license.
- Went kayaking and hiking (for the first time).
- Learned a lot about growing veggies.
All in all, I think it was a pretty productive year. It’s easy to get bogged down with what we didn’t do and didn’t accomplish but make sure to take a moment to think about all you did do and accomplish. It’s pretty awesome when you think about it!
Are there some things you’re particularly proud of?
Now on to goals!
Last week’s were as follows:
- Start knitting some xmas gifts: Well I didn’t get both started but I did get a good start on one of them!
- Go through boxes: Still hasn’t happened….
GO TO BED EARLIER: Now this I accomplished! I worked harder on going to bed earlier and was also able to sleep in more a few times. A few nights, in fact, I went to bed really early (before 10!) and I certainly felt the difference!
This week’s goals will be:
- Start packing: Time to start getting a move-on with figuring out what’s going into the car for the first trip. I suspect my cookbook collection and bookshelf will definitely be coming. A lot of kitchen supplies too…
- Make 2 more Thanksgiving recipes: I’ve started slowing down on the Thanksgiving recipe front but I have some ideas that I want to blast through before it’s too late!
- Organize/Update Workout Plans: I’ve realized that I’m getting down to about the last 2 months of training before I start cutting again for competition. I want to assess and figure out what I should focus on and tweak in my workouts to have the best muscle shape possible because that’s certainly something you can’t change last minute!