Hey there everyone- it’s Monday and I’m back in action and ready for a new week!
Last week was super busy with school.
I’m about halfway through the fall semester classes and I’m definitely starting to feel the strain. Unless I’m perfectly in line with my grades for my classes -which is rare- it’s around this point that I start to feel a lot of stress and anxiety to keep my grades where I want them (A’s, of course- grad schools don’t like less than that). I start to feel like I’m trying to cup sand in my hands and it keeps slipping through my fingers. I try desperately to keep ahold of it and not lose anything more and yet, each point lost on a test or assignment allows it to slip further and further away.
I’ve gotten used to this feeling. While I don’t “anticipate” it, per say (selective memory), once it starts I realize that for me, it’s normal. This happens each semester around the same time. While it isn’t exactly a thought of comfort, it helps me to know that it isn’t an unusual feeling. At least, for myself.
I just have to keep focused and trek on through. It’ll be over in about a month.
So! On to goals!
Last weeks’ goals were as follows:
1. Finish my paper in advance: Got that done in time and was able to get feedback before turning in the final draft- I was pretty on top of my assignments and tests in general to not fall behind.
2. Go through boxes: Yeah, this didn’t happen. School took over and took priority…
3. Clean: Sadly, as previously stated, school took over…but I did clean the kitchen and did laundry!
This week’s goals are:
1. Start knitting some xmas gifts: I have 2 projects I seriously intend to do and finish before Christmas for two very special friends (don’t want to go into further details in case they read this post!). It’s time I stop delaying and hop to it!
2. Go through boxes: I’m going to work on this goal again because it really needs to be done. I need to focus on downsizing but also organizing what’s left so that I can plan on packing up the car at the end of the month for the first trip of stuff to NYC.
3. GO TO BED EARLIER: When I get stressed I start sleeping less and staying up later. This really needs to stop because it certainly doesn’t help me relax! I’d like to work on getting back to my original bedtime…
Anyway, how about you guys? Do you have goals for this week?