Well! This past week has been quite a busy one! (aren’t they all that way?)
First and foremost, it’s official: I’m going back to NYC.
I gave my notice to my current job last week. That was difficult for me; one thing I have always struggled with is being upfront with “bad news”. I have enjoyed this job and respect the people I have worked with though and so I decided it was time for me to get over this fear and discomfort. I couldn’t give them a “Oh hey, so I need to leave next week” or any unprofessional business like that. My boss took the news well; he wasn’t surprised, in fact, due to the fact that I’ve been making frequent trips to the city and so Mr. C obviously hadn’t been able to find work out here he had already figured I might be returning.
For better or worse, I’ll be going back. I’m planning on finishing my final classes out there and meanwhile, continue working on this page. Mr. C is very happy I’ll be returning and I’m hoping we’ll make a better use of the city and its benefits than last time. I have some exciting ideas to spruce up the apartment and some new plans for furniture and designing the interior etc. While I have mixed feelings about returning, I’m certainly trying to focus on the positive points and I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of my friends again!
Next up, my mom adopted a new cat. He’s wonderful but still shy around all the other animals around the house. We are giving him time to adjust and get used to things- I’ll have more pictures soon!
And finally, for Halloween I was Rosie the Riveter.
Now onto those goals!
Last week my goals were as such:
1. Keep consistent. I got into a better schedule this week but plan to make more progress- especially with doing more prep work in advance.
2. Study food photography. I studied a lot more reference photos in attempts to improve my own but still need to get into the specifics of studying my camera adjustments.
3. Squat 205lbs. So yeah, about that. I actually must have miscalculated because I ended up squatting 205 last week (5 reps 4x). Guess I have to make new end of the year goals since I already crushed my previous one.
Goals for this week:
1. Finish my paper in advance: I have a big paper due this Sunday for Sociology which of course, I haven’t worked on yet…I want to be on top of finishing it before the due date so I can get it turned in on time to get feedback.
2. Go through boxes: I want to go through a lot of the boxes I had packed up from nyc and try to reassemble them for my return/get rid of a bunch of stuff. I really need to downsize a lot.
3. Clean: Sorry, not being very specific here but it goes along with my need to go through boxes and downsize. I need to start cleaning up things and organizing in general…a cluttered physical space makes for a cluttered mental space!